Stairway, Edgewood (A. E. Burckhardt House), Avondale, Cincinnati, OH
Built in 1887, Edgewood, also known as the A. E. Burckhardt House, is located on Forest Avenue at the end of Burnet Avenue. The once-grand mansion has sat vacant since sometime around the turn of the millennium, and is quickly deteriorating. The photos, taken in March and June of 2019, show changes to the state of the house, with part of the decorative ornament under one of the gable ends missing from the photos taken in June, likely falling out during a major storm that passed through between the two dates. If nothing is done soon, the house, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, will fall, just like its fellow Hannaford-designed structures in other areas of Avondale; the Mary Wolfe House and St. Andrew Catholic Church, both demolished in 2019.