Cape Meares Lighthouse
As we walked toward the lighthouse a magical moment unflolded with the trees, fog and lighthouse all intertwined.
Built in 1890, Cape Meares Light served as the light station for Tillamook Bay. When it was built, the lighthouse complex included two keeper's houses, two oil houses, and two cisterns, and was connected to the light by a 1,000 feet (300 m) boardwalk.
Later additions included an attached workroom in 1895 and a garage in 1934. The light itself was iron-plated, and due to it's exposure to the elements, required frequent repainting over the years. No foghorn was ever installed at Cape Meares. In 1934, the light received electricity. Now unnecessary, the oil houses were removed.