DIY Dog Tuxedo - Part 1/6
Scavenge Challenge August 2012 - "20-26. Your mission for August is to create a series of FOUR TO SIX (4-6) instructional photographs, a "how-to" explanation of the steps involved in a skill. The subject matter must be covered in a thorough manner so that someone unacquainted with the technique could learn the process from the images."
As I've had several requests, here it is: How to create a no-sew Dog Tuxedo to use as photography costume in about 20 minutes.
This is for a large dog (Golden Retriever), but could easily be scaled to fit most any dog.
You will need:
* 1 8.5"x11" piece of black felt for the vest
* 1 8.5"x11" piece of white felt for the shirt
* 2-3 shank buttons for the shirt
* 1 shank button for the vest
* [optional] Ribbon to mimic pleats
* String, scissors, white glue (or hot glue) and clear tape
Step 1: Cut a vest shape from the blank felt.
Step 2: Cut the white felt so that it will be completely covered by the vest yet not show below the tails.
Step 3: Cut a 1/2" strip of felt for use as a placket.
(Refer to image above for sizing)
Next: Part 2/6