Robe locomotive - Wickham 2006
This locomotive commemorates the iron ore haulage on the Robe railroad system.
The locomotive was one of 20 of the first diesel locomotives purchased for use on the New South Wales railways in the early 1950s. In 1954 this locomotive hauled the Royal train which carried Queen Elizabeth II through New South Wales.
It was purchased by Cliffs Robe River Iron Associates in the early 1970s, after travelling 3.4 million kilometres in New South Wales. The locomotive and another which was purchased at the same time were reconditioned and used in the construction of the Robe railway between Pannawonica and Cape Lambert and continuous yard duties until its retirement in 1980.