Bronze figure of St George on the Pearl Assurance War Memorial at Lynch Wood near Peterborough. This is one of Sir George James Frampton's finest compositions.
Originally erected by the Pearl Assurance building in High Holborn, London it was moved to its present site when Pearl Assurance relocated.
Originally dedicated 11th November 1921 and rededicated 11th November 1991.
Remembers 444 Pearl Assurance men who laid down their lives in The Great War and the 215 employees who died in the 1939-1945 conflict.
The base is of granite and there are two plaques in bas-relief. One shows warships in action and the other aircraft. On the other two sides of the memorial are compositions involving a wreath around a helmet.
St George himself is dressed in medieval armour and hold in his right hand a cross-hilted sword the hilt surrounded by a wreath. His left hand rests on a shield.