Kolah Farangi Restoration(before)
The wireless KOLAH FARANGI building inaugurated, adjacent to the way of Shemiran road by the king Reza Pahlavi in 1304 solar calendar. The Erection of the named building with its other supplements that's been demolished nowadays, had been lasted for 3 years. The first outlook shape of the building, designed like T.
The entrance section includes spaces for the one to do official and technical affairs and the communicating section you observe the large spaces allocated for supplying energy. Approximately 10 years later for the necessity of vacancy for installing technical instruments, two homologous ramiform adjoined the terminal sections and the plan would be changed to this current shape.
This building was erected for installing transmitters and the facility of wireless communication on it and the initial communication was done between Tehran and St. Petersburg.
All of the instruments and the technologies were transferred by Russia to Iran. The basic instruments, in this communication indicate to the year 1924 BC. That is about 7 years after Russia Revolution. Construction of this building was done in Iran architectural evolution era and obviously we are witness of evolution of the forms and traditional Iranian architectural values versus exterior architectural ones.
The whole plan of this building is not totally clear. It's said that a Russian architecture had designed the plan. The used executive details in the building and even designing of plan and outlook feature of that refers to existence of designing and modern thoughts that had been executed by traditional experts hands.
This task in some parts caused weakness and in the other parts strength of the building. In about the year 1316 it'd been decided to erect the Radio building adjacent to KOLAHGHERMEZI building. At first, shortwave and long wave transmitter instruments are being made, which had been always posed as a part of a public view. The renovating and the mending of done in this building goes to the years 1384 and 1386 that Behjati wood industry had the responsibility of renovating and mending of wooden parts of this project.