Liverpool c 1910s Postcard - Interior, Temple of Humanity, Upper Parliament Street
The Temple of Humanity was built by the Liverpool branch of a socialist sect called the Positivists. The Temple - or rather some members of its congregation - appears to have had a colourful history, with a well documented scandal in 1913 (described in the following link)
The Liverpool congregation went into a decline following the murders. The Positivists disbanded in 1947.