As a side dish to the caramelized turkey cooked in lemon beer from yesterday, I have here a variation on Mango Chutney.
This is rather easy and fast (about 1 hour) to make. I see you (in general) use the cup as measure.
- 6 cups of mango cut as you see in the photo (about 5 pieces of mango);
- 1/2 cup of golden raisins;
- 1 cup of sugar (you don't want this too sweet, but you can add a little more if you want);
- 1/2 to 1 cup of white vinegar (depends how sour you want it, I would go with 1 cup);
- 1 minced garlic clove;
- 1 cup chopped onion (1-2 pieces);
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cardamom spice powder, if you have it;
- same with Turmeric;
- 1/4 teaspoon of hot chili, maybe more if you like it to be rather hot and not sour;
Boil sugar and vinegar in a pot, stirring until sugar dissolves.
You might want to fry the onion and the garlic just to give it a nice color. Not too much.
Add everything else into the pot and let it simmer until you get an almost thick sauce. Stir from time to time.
You can store it in jars.
Nikkor 105mm f/2.8
1/200 s at f/5.6, ISO 200