Joseph Garratti, an assistant to sculptor Heinz Warneke, roughed out the front leg of the Nittany Lion Shrine during creation of the famous limestone sculpture. Warneke and his crew of artists completed the sculpture in early October of 1942 and it was formally dedicated on October 24 of the same year and presented to Penn State by the class of 1940. The 2012 Senior Class Gift will add enhancements to the sight of the shrine including historical displays, improved lighting and ADA accessibility.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts