Time and Place Old Main 1913
Students, circa 1913, depart from morning chapel services, held daily at Schwab Auditorium, and proceed to Ag Hill for classes. Left is Walker Laboratory, first home to Penn State's Departments of Chemistry and Physics. Built in 1890, Walker Lab stood on the current site of Davey Laboratory. Center is the original Old Main. To the right of Old Main is the Ladies Cottage, dedicated in 1909. By 1913 it was home to 16 coeds and the Dean of Women Sara Cutts Lovejoy.