Beaver Stadium Archives 002
Penn State first charged admission for football when the Nittany Lions hosted Bucknell on Nov. 12, 1910, at New Beaver Field, shown here. Originally constructed of wood, the stadium was converted to steel in 1936. This was the Lions' home through the 1959 season, after which the 30,000-seat stadium was dismantled and moved in 700 pieces one mile to the east side of campus. The old stadium was reassembled with 16,000 additional seats to form Beaver Stadium.