Carnegie Historical NEW
Carnegie Building on Penn State's University Park campus was built through a donation from industrialist Andrew Carnegie and was dedicated on Novermber 18, 1904.. The building originally served as Penn State's library until 1940 replacing the overflowing first campus library housed in Old Main. Through the years the facility has been home to Penn State's School of Journalism as well as the Daily Collegian. Currently it is occupied by Penn State's College of Communications. Carnegie Building celebrated it's 100th anniversary in 2004.