flickr-free-ic3d pan white

Leicestershire, Tur Langton

The Maunsell family built a chapel near the manor house pre 1162 to the west of the village which from 1220 was a daughter chapel to Church Langton. By 1832 it was in a "wretched" condition and this new church was built here on land donated by Sir Charles Isham in1866 and the old church taken down. Designed by Goddard it is built of red brick and was funded by the Hanbury Charity Trust

www.leicestershirechurches.co.uk/#/tur-langton-church-lei...

copyright Christopher Jones

245 views
0 faves
2 comments
Taken on October 14, 2006