The Little Huff 'n Puff miniature steam train at LakeLand Amusement Park, Lakeland, TN - 1963
great Ask Vance video on LakeLand with a lot more photos, footage, and info: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovwX3SOZfgg
LakeLand amusement park was 10 miles east of Memphis on I-40. This little train and amusement park are gone but there's still a Huff 'n Puff Road in Lakeland, TN: maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=Huf...
The park also had
- The Paratrooper (seen in the top of the photo)
- Old Huff 'n Puff - the large, coal-powered steam train that took riders "deep into moonshine territory." Moonshiners would hold up the train at one point on its circuit and take one passenger hostage (and return them safely back to where the train stops and boards. The main outlaw's name was Rancid Butterball.
- the "Mad Mouse" herky-jerky roller coaster
- the Brussels World Fair Sky Ride (cable cars over the lake)
- the "Roberta Lee" 75-passenger paddle wheel boat
- bumper cars
- the Twister
- the Ferris Wheel
- the Merry-go-Round
- the Helicopter