First house in Pasadena
TITLE: First house in Pasadena
NOTES: Printed newspaper caption front of photo “First house in Pasadena as it appears at the date, February, 1914. It was built and occupied by Mrs. A. O. Bristol in the early part of February, 1874 and at the time there was not a tree or shrub to be seen [missing word] than the Arroyo Seco. The building was located at the southerly corner of Mountain and Fair Oaks Avenue, then known as North Orange Grove and Lincoln Avenue.” Researcher's note: “Have to check old maps. 1893 map shows both Old Fair Oaks and New Fair Oaks crossing Mountain. Old Fair Oaks apparently became Lincoln. In 1874 was the current North Orange Grove known as Mountain?”
WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW: We would like to know any additional information about this photo.
REPOSITORY: Pasadena Public Library
RIGHTS: All rights reserved.
SEARCH the Pasadena Digital History database
Flickr Collection: Mystery Photos