Day 66/365 ~ Just like the Butterfly, I too will Awaken in My Own Time
February 6, 2011.
Thank you so much to Lita for the testimonial! :)
View on black?
Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. - Nathaniel Hawthorne
If you haven't heard of this, you might want to click and read it. :) The Butterfly Project
Rules of The Butterfly Project: (can be found on Tumblr)
1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, pen, or sharpies and draw a butterfly on your arm or hand.
2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.
3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. NO scrubbing it off.
4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, you’ve killed it. If you don't cut, it lives.
5. If you have more than one butterfly, cutting kills all of them.
6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are extra special. Take good care of them.
7. Even if you don’t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyway, to show your support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help.
People cut because the physical pain is a distraction from the emotional and mental pain they're going through. The pain on the outside they experience diverts their attention. Cutting is a form of escape because it numbs them.
It is an escape, but it is only a momentary one. Meaning, it does not last.
Cutting does not make the pain go away.
It may seem like it does, but the pain will always come back after a while.
Instead of reaching for a penknife.. why not reach for something, or someone, that can help you?
You know that so many people love you, don't you?