Muzzle of 6-pdr Field Gun Model 1841 along Hancock Avenue at Gettysburg. This gun was produced by Revere Copper of Boston, Mass. in 1861. It is registry number 1, of two, produced by the firm for Federal orders. It weighed 853 pounds when inspected by Joseph P. Farley. The gun was altered to a "false Napoleon" by the Gettysburg Battlefield Board in the 1890s to make up for a shortage of 12-pdr Napoleons in the battlefield displays. The chase ring and some of the muzzle swell were trimmed down during the modifications.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts