Ft Pulaski 3 Aug 11 1385
Confederate Flag over Fort Pulaski. From the Fort's NPS website: "From January 1861 until April 1862, the Fort Pulaski was Confederate occupied. On March 4, 1861, the Confederate national flag, also known as the Stars and Bars, was adopted in Montgomery, AL, the original capital of the Confederacy. This flag would fly above the fort for the next thirteen months. During that time, the garrison was busy preparing for whatever test that lay ahead. Fort Pulaski National Monument began flying the Confederate national flag in March 2011. The Stars and Bars will continue to fly until April 2012."