Jemison-Carnegie Library, c.1907
Talladega Public Library. Mrs. Lou McElderry Jemison donated the land and $10,000 towards building Talladega's Public Library, along with the Andrew Carnegie Foundation. The building was built by local contractor Robert S. West in 1907. It served as the main library until a new library was constructed directly behind this one in 1979's. The Jemison-Carnegie library is one of only four remaining Carnegie-affiliated buildings in Alabama. The building now serves as the home to the Heritage Hall Museum for local history and the arts.