Tulloch's Mill, Knights Ferry, CA
In the late 1850’s David Loche built Knights Ferry's (California) first flour mill on the Stanislaus River. It was destroyed by the flood of 1862, and a second new mill was built here by David Tulloch.
A dam upstream diverted water to a water wheel which turned the millstones.
Before the turn of the century, Charles Tulloch, David’s son, converted the flour mill into a hydroelectric plant. This plant provided electrical power for the surrounding countryside until the late 1920’s.