new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Post Office - Gentry, MO | by The Bouncing Czech
Back to photostream

Post Office - Gentry, MO

Gentry was platted in 1899 by the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad when a branch line was extended to the north from Albany, Mo., over 50 years after Gentry County was established. Gentry - the town and county - was named for Colonel Richard Gentry, the first mayor of Columbia Mo. and a soldier who reputedly directed his troops while dying from mortal wounds during the Florida Seminole wars on Christmas Day, 1937.

275 views
2 faves
0 comments
Taken on January 4, 2020