don't have to be fancy to have their own flair.
The robins egg blue frame had sculpted lugs with ever changing shore lines.
The lugs for this new frame are intended to create their own interest, with flowing lines and fewer details.
The stock lug was reshaped. A new binder bolt was added to the back, then a small bronze fillet flowed onto the top, but the lug still needed something to make it pop.
I decided to add a point to the front.
For stock I used a cut nail (one of a few thousand I had removed when I recycled oak flooring for our house).
The nail was brazed to the cut off point on the lug, and a bronze fillet was built up to make the pieces visually flow together.
I haven't decided how long the point will be yet, but I know I will shorten it.
To balance the look, a point will be added at the top of the lug. This will be formed out of the seat tube that will potrude through the lug at brazing time.
(and Wade, the LFB light flux is good!)