- Largest mosque in the United Arab Emirates and eighth largest in the world. Named after Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, founder and first President of the UAE.
- The design of the Mosque can be best described as a fusion of Arab, Mughal and Moorish architecture. Its archways are basically Moorish and its minarets classically Arab.
- There are 4 minarets with a height of 115 meters.
- There are a total of 82 domes of seven different sizes covering the outside yard and the main building.
- The courtyard is paved with floral marble designs and measures about 17,000 sqm.
- Most expensive mosque to date as well, with a final bill of 2 billion dirhams (€ 415 million)
- Detalle perfecto ! - oo Felix oo
- See UNESCO's Cordoba mosque here: www.flickr.com/photos/pacocanker/4072273881/
- Paco Cabeza-Lopez
- Check out Dubai's Burj Khalifa, world's tallest building, here: www.flickr.com/photos/pacocanker/5619683411/
- Check Dubai's Burj Al Arab here: www.flickr.com/photos/pacocanker/5653723211/
Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque - أبو ظبي مسجد الشيخ زايد
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts