Worsbrough Reservoir Barnsley Yorkshire
The reservoir was built to supply water to the Worsbrough branch of the Dearne and Dove Canal and it was completed in 1804. It was enlarged in 1826, when the depth was increased by about 1.5 metres. This gave an extra 20 acres of surface water.
Two new spillways were installed in 1984 to comply with the Reservoirs Safety Act.