The Priory Church of Our Lady and St Cuthbert Worksop Nottinghamshire
The initial land grant and monies to establish the Augustinian priory were made by William de Lovetot in 1103. In the 14th century the Tickhill Psalter was produced by then prior, John de Tickhill.
The priory was dissolved on the orders of Henry VIII on November 15, 1539. The property was granted to Francis Talbot, 5th Earl of Shrewsbury on condition that the Earl should provide a glove for the right hand of the Soveriegn at the coronation. This tradition continues to this day.
Over time most of the former monastic buildings were plundered for their stone, however the nave of the church was saved for use as a parish church, and the early 14th century gatehouse was later used as a school. Extensive restoration and enlargements of the church began in the mid 19th century and continued through the 20th century.
Information from Wikipedia.