Ouse Bridge from Skeldergate Bridge River Ouse York
The Bonding Warehouse building on the left is Grade II listed and dates from 1875. It is one of the few surviving warehouses on the river's west bank
The original Roman bridge over the Ouse was replaced by a wooden bridge built further downstream by the Vikings. In 1154, it collapsed under the weight of a crowd which had gathered to greet St William of York on his return from exile. It was replaced by a stone bridge, but part of this was swept away by floods in the winter of 1564-5. The repaired bridge of 1565 had a new central arch spanning 81 ft. This bridge was dismantled between 1810 and 1818 in order to make way for the New Ouse Bridge, designed by Peter Atkinson the younger, completed in 1821.
Skeldergate Bridge links the York Castle area and the old bailey at Baile Hill. It was built as a toll bridge between 1878 and 1880 (architect: George Gordon Page). A small arch by the former tollhouse at the east end of the bridge was originally designed to open so that tall ships could sail up to the quays on either side of the river between Skeldergate and Ouse Bridges. Skeldergate Bridge was formally declared free of tolls on April 1, 1914.
Iformation on the two bridges from Wikipedia.