St.Lawrence Church Bradford upon Avon
This church, in the centre of Bradford on Avon, dates from approximately AD700. After many different uses and some alteration, it was 'rediscovered' in 1856 after it had been in use as a school and cottage,. The church was purchased from private owners in 1871 and its renovations corrected. It differs from other Saxon churches in the UK in that the whole building appears to have been erected at one time, with no additions later.
There is some debate about the date of it's construction though. The estimates range from the early eighth century to the mid eleventh century.