Rooftops of Collioure, France
Un petit detour au sud de la France, avant que nous partions pour l'Italie! J'ai trouve' cette photo dans mes archives, et j'ajoute si-dessous plusieurs vues de cette jolie ville pour ceux qui les avaient manque'. Just a brief little stop in Southern France, Flickr friends, before we move on to Italy once again, with several images at this post.
There is much one could say about Collioure, a little town tucked between the Pyrenees and the Mediterranean, just north of the border with Spain. It has a colorful history as a Greek, then a Roman port, a Spanish garrison, and finally a French fishing village known for its anchovies and painters, sunshine and beautiful harbor. It is now a favorite destination for visitors seeking out its cheerful seaside atmosphere. I could write a lot about it, but will let the photos speak for themselves. You can click on each of them to read more if you like.
This photo is in 14 groups
- ·Spirit Of Photography (Post 1 Award 5) - Comment or be banned 692,449 items
- CLOSED Fl♥ckr Hearts -- Post 1 & Give 3 Hearts 686,841 items
- FRANCEPIX 42,275 items
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a5) 449,479 items
- Intelligent Travel - National Geographic Traveler's blog 117,476 items
- Comments Comments Comments (Post 1/Comment on 5) Read the Rules 75,650 items