Hartley Catholic Presbytery
Hartley Historical Village St Bernard's Catholic Presbytery.
When the Victoria Pass road was completed in 1832, the doorway to the west was open and settlement in Hartley, at the base of the hill, began in earnest. The next 50 years saw Hartley grow into a bustling township surrounded by churches, a post office, stage couch facilities, and inns.
Unfortunately, Hartley was by-passed by the railway and, over a period, fell into disuse. Luckily, today we are left with a remarkable remnant of a town largely unchanged since the mid-nineteenth century.