Times Plaza, Brooklyn
The street fair named Atlantic Antic begins immediately behind the camera (yearly in September). This triangle, named for the Brooklyn Daily Times (1848-1937), is bound by Flatbush Avenue (in the rear), Fourth Avenue (where the police officer is standing), and Atlantic Avenue (west behind the camera, east past the right of the buildings). The building in the foreground was constructed with the arrival of the Interborough subway from Manhattan in 1908. Originally it served for ticket sales (five cents) and chopping (until the c. 1921 installation of electric turnstiles collecting nickels), and as entrance to the new subway, but its use now is as skylight. Across Flatbush Avenue, one reaches both the subway and the Long Island Rail Road under the blue awning.
For older photos of this location, use this link and then scroll down: