Inland Steel Building
The Inland Steel Building in Chicago (1957). It was one of the first major commissions for Skidmore, Owings & Merrill and is a good example of the Louis Sullivan mantra "form ever follows function". The building features striking steel columns, reflecting the products of Inland Steel. Inland Steel survived the decline in the steel industry in the 1970s and was pruchased by Ispat International (now ArcelorMittal) in 1998.