THE KPMG IRELAND HOUSE near THE SAINT STEPHENS GREEN PARK in DUBLIN - IRELAND - ENJOY THE VIEWS! THANKS!:)
KPMG is one of the largest professional services firms in the world and one of the Big Four auditors, along with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (Deloitte) and Ernst & Young (EY). Its global headquarters are located in Amstelveen, Netherlands.
KPMG employs over 135,000 people in a global network of professional services firms spanning over 140 countries. KPMG has three lines of services: audit, tax, and advisory.
Each national KPMG firm is an independent legal entity and is a member of KPMG International Cooperative, a Swiss entity registered in the Swiss Canton of Zug. KPMG International changed its legal structure from a Swiss Verein to a co-operative under Swiss law in 2003.
KPMG International is led by:
* Timothy P. Flynn, Chairman, KPMG International
* Michael Wareing, CEO, KPMG International
* John Griffith-Jones, Chairman, Europe, Middle East, Africa and India Region
* John B. Harrison, Deputy Chairman, KPMG International
* John Veihmeyer, Chairman, Americas Region
* Carlson Tong, Chairman, Asia Pacific Region
Roots for the name KPMG stem from the names of four partners who merged their own independent accounting firms:
* K stands for Klynveld, after Piet Klynveld, founder of the accounting firm Klynveld Kraayenhof & Co. in Amsterdam in 1917.
* P stands for Peat, after William Barclay Peat, founder of the accounting firm William Barclay Peat & Co. in London in 1870.
* M stands for Marwick, after James Marwick, co-founder of the accounting firm Marwick, Mitchell & Co. in New York City in 1897.
* G stands for Goerdeler, after Dr. Reinhard Goerdeler, chairman of the German accounting firm Deutsche Treuhand-Gesellschaft (DTG) and, later, chairman of KPMG.
LEARN SOMETHING TODAY! BY WIKIPEDIA! ENJOY! EXPLORE! HAPPINESS!