Park Public School, Shuter St. north side, between Sackville Green & Blevins Place; INTERIOR, grade 1 class.
It’s back to school time... This class of cuties started grade 1 at Park Public School in Regent’s Park in 1937. The school itself, renamed in honour of Nelson Mandela, first opened in 1853 and is the oldest school on its original site in the city. A new building (shown here) was built in 1917.
Creator: Fields Photography Limited
Rights: Public domain
Courtesy: Toronto Public Library.
More information: (view details and larger image)