The Royal Naval College, Greenwich, is now known as the Old Royal Naval College and is open to visitors. It was formerly a Royal Navy training establishment between 1873 and 1998, in the centre of the Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site in London. It provided a number of courses for naval officers including being home to the Royal Navy's staff college, the staff course providing advanced training for mid-ranking officers.
After the Navy moved out in 1998, The Greenwich Foundation, a registered charity, signed a 150-year lease and took responsibility for looking after the buildings and their grounds for the benefit of the nation.
The buildings were originally constructed to serve as the Greenwich Hospital, designed by Christopher Wren, and built between 1696 and 1712. The hospital closed in 1869.