1974 Range Rover Classic 4X4 Wagon
The Rover Company Limited produced automobiles from 1901-67, when they were taken over by Leyland Motors, became British Leyland in 1978 and the Rover Group in 1986
The 4WD Land Rover was first introduced in 1948, even by 1970, it was a very purpose built off road vehicle with spartan interior. Rover introduced a more luxurious 4WD in 1970, the Range Rover 3 or 5 door wagon.
The first generation, known as the Classic was built from 1970-96 (the 5 door introduced in 1981). Featuring Coil springs. disc brakes, V8 engine and permanent 4WD, they had style, comfort, speed, outstanding offroad performance as well as on road ride. Originally they had utilitarian interiors with vinyl seats and plastic dashboards. Later more luxurious with power steering, carpeted floors, air conditioning, cloth/leather seats, and wooden interior trim.
Little changed in the first decade, the 3 door was discontinued in 1984.
A facelift 1986 saw a new plastic grille and fuel injection.
The second generation introduced in 1994
Engines; 3.5, 3.9, 4.2 Petrol V8s, and 2.5 Turbo Diesel
Assembled in Australia from 1979-83