new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
St Martin's Church, Scharnegoutum | by Davydutchy
Back to photostream

St Martin's Church, Scharnegoutum

Martenstsjerke (Martini / Martin's Church) in Skearnegoutum, Fryslân, The Netherlands.

The foundation stone for the church building of the Dutch Reformed Church was laid on June 3, 1861 by Rinze Kijlstra, the vicar's 11 years old son. The three-sided closed hall church was built to a design by Meinse Molenaar.

The organ from 1861 was made by Willem Hardorff using parts of an organ (1842) from the old church. The church building, which was restored in 1979, is a listed monument and is in use by the NH / PKN Protestant congregation Scharnegoutum - Loënga.

358 views
5 faves
1 comment
Taken on July 2, 2020