Site of the old Acme theater
"The Acme Theatre, located at 23 North Russell Street, opened in 1910 and closed in 1915. Today nothing remains of the theater; the lot where it once stood is part of the Emanuel Hospital parking lot. Like many theaters built in the early part of the 20th century, the Acme suffered from competition with other North Portland neighborhood theaters. The Aden Theatre on North Mississippi Avenue, the Albina on North Russell Street, and the Columbia on North Lombard Street, all built in 1910 or 1911, also closed a few years later."