"A Night and A Storm" Colorado~Storm~Landscape~Photography
If you can't tell these shots are of a night time lightning storm. The top of the image is stars and clear night sky, and the bottom is a crazy storm being lit by hundreds of lighting flashes a minute. I was standing on the outside of the storm in perfectly calm conditions looking into the most dramatic weather conditions I have ever seen. It was not easy to get this exposed right, but luckily I had quite a bit of time to play with it and get it close. I doubt these will go over all that well on flickr, but I think in terms of uniqueness they may be the best shots I have.
I really can't decide which shot I prefer. I like that you can see more of the clear sky in the second one, and I think the comp is better, but the first one has the lighting bolt. (there were almost no actual bolts of lightning, only non stop flashes, so I think I'm lucky to have caught the small one I did)
Thanks for taking a look.
6 second exposure
Nikon 70-300mm at 122mm
This photo is in 32 groups
- Amazing and Beautiful Photos 2,242 items
- Magic Landscapes (Invite Only) Please P1/C2. 21,473 items
- International Amateurs Photos (Invite Only) 69,368 items
- Gr8! Photos ۩ Post and Vote for various Contests ۩ 135,714 items
- A Celebration of Light - Let your Light Shine 122,944 items
- ***All beautiful shots and many more. 407,332 items