new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white

glen-lyon

Meggernie Castle is the principal historic centre of Glen Lyon. It stands about 13 miles east of Fortingall. The castle was originally built as a tower house by 'Mad' Colin Campbell in 1585. It was passed on to the Menzies family, who built onto the original structure, in the 17th Century.

581 views
1 fave
4 comments
Taken on April 20, 2008