* Third place winner (joint tied) in the Flickr Got Talent 34th competition "Country Life" in July 2010.
Placed on the Front Page of Flickrs Got Talent.
The winner was Dave Arnold, and the standard was very high.
This shows the view around Langdale, and is quite typical, in a way, of many Lakeland valleys. The colours are soft, subtle, muted.
View large for better detail and perspective.
The stone walls (again!!), the narrow, winding road with the Herdwick sheep grazing alongside, the small beck; all these leading to the farm and then the valley beyond.
The bracken-covered fells afford good walking and splendid views, and lead to the mountain summits.
Norsemen settled in these valleys, and their influence can still be noted in place-names and in our language.
Fell, beck, tarn are in common usage throughout the north west, and all derive from these Scandanavian farmers. Not all Norsemen came to loot and plunder!!
***My very grateful thanks to everyone who has viewed this scene
(over 3,100 people so far....)
I am so pleased that you like it; please feel free to come back, and if you just want to say 'Hello', then please do so.
Please - no Flickr River strips etc. I never look or comment
This photo is in 57 groups
- Better Than Good - Superstars 2,293 items
- Flickr Hive Mind Group / Administration 95,419 items
- "Beautiful Earth Level 3" (P1-A4) ~ NO PEOPLE 25,955 items
- dreams I'll dream.. by invitation ~ P1/C3 118,711 items
- "Beautiful Earth Level 2" (P1-A4) ~ NO PEOPLE 50,821 items
- "Beautiful Earth Level 1" (P1-A4) ~ NO PEOPLE 157,699 items
This photo is in 1 album
- Landscapes 358 items