Tabgha, Church of the Multiplication, German Association of the Holy Land
Deutscher Verein vom Heiligen Lande (German Association of the Holy Land) is a Catholic organisation. Its target is to promote the relationship between Christians and in Germany and in the Holy Land. The association was founded in 1895 with its headquarter in Cologne.
The church is the traditional site of the miracle of the multiplication of the loaves and fishes (Mark 6:30-46) and the fourth resurrection appearance of Jesus (John 21:1-24) in Christianity.
In 1981, after further excavations, the church was finally restored by German Benedictines to its Byzantine form, incorporating portions of the original mosaics.
Today, the church and surrounding land are property of the German Association of the Holy Land