1912 Carnegie Library building in Oroville CA
The Oroville Carnegie library building framed by dogwood and azalea blossoms in the spring.
This classical revival temple style building was funded by a $10,000 grant from the Carnegie Foundation. Architect W. H. Weeks designed the building, and Frank Sullivan was the builder. The library opened to the public in 1912, and the WPA project funded a renovation of the interior in 1937.
The building served as the Oroville City Library until the 1970s when the city and county library systems merged and the county library moved to its current location in a remodeled grocery store building a few blocks away.
After its use as a city library ended, the building sat vacant for many years. It was recently renovated and restored inside and out to become the Butte County Law Library.