The Golden Lion Inn (Memorial) - Cannon Hill Park - Birmingham
A derelict former pub that was moved from Digbeth to Cannon Hill Park in 1911 called The Golden Lion.
It is believed that it dates back to the 16th century. It has 18th century elements such as the pub sign.
It is Grade II listed.
It is thought that it was the Clergy House and School of the Guild of Deritend. It was taken down brick by brick and moved from Digbeth to Cannon Hill Park.
The building has structural decay and is unsound. The council is thinking of moving it back to Digbeth as part of the Eastside regeneration.
Probably early C16 and restored re-erected timber framed building with plastered
infill, the ground floor faced in brick. Two storeys with gable end tiled
roof. First floor has 3 leaded early C18 casements with 2 original unglazed
wing lights. Ground floor has exposed storey posts with heavy console brackets
supporting first floor. Two restored early C18 bay windows with leaded lights
and pent tiled roofs. Two later ledged doors. Three gables with curved
bases to studding, plain bargeboards. C18 pained inn sign. West elevation
has open restored timber gallery above modern brick pier loggia.