The Court House - Warwick - Coat of Arms
zoom ins on the coat of arms on The Court House
There has been a house on this site since the early days of the Castle estate of Warwick. By 1510 a building on the site was called the Cross Tavern. It took its name from a medieval High Cross.
By the Charter of 1554 it was known as the Court House. Part's of the building were later known as the Mayor's Parlour. In 1694 a fire damaged parts of the Mayor's Parlour.
By 1724 it was decided to rebuild the Court House. The architect Francis Smith was chosen to design it. Ironwork was by Thomas Paris and Benjamin King.