new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
The Palace at Culross,Fife Scotland | by bob mcbride
Back to group

The Palace at Culross,Fife Scotland

This small royal burgh on the north shore of the Forth provides a striking introduction to Scottish domestic life in the 16th and 17th centuries. Culross was then a thriving community, developed under the businesslike laird, Sir George Bruce, with a flourishing trade with other Forth ports and the Low Countries. The Palace was built between 1597 and 1611 for Sir George and features numerous decorative items. Excavations in the Palace Courtyard have led to the restoration of a fine ornamental path

 

Este pequeño burgo real en la orilla norte del Forth proporciona una introducción llamativa a la vida doméstica de Escocia en los siglos 16 y 17. Culross que entonces era una comunidad próspera, desarrollada en el marco del laird serio, Sir George Bruce, con un floreciente comercio con otros puertos de Forth y los Países Bajos. El Palacio fue construido entre 1597 y 1611 para Sir George y cuenta con numerosos elementos decorativos. Las excavaciones en el patio del palacio han llevado a la restauración de un camino bien ornamentales

771 views
7 faves
74 comments
Taken on March 22, 2011