It is a Mole Hill: Mount Agamenticus from Kennebunkport Shore
Ocean Avenue leads right along the beach, with great views all along. Mt Agamenticus is merely the biggest molehill on the south coast here. It was used as an aid to navigation for many year however. In 1614, Captain John Smith explored and charted the Gulf of Maine. Upon returning to London, he presented his record of the New World, complete with aboriginal place names, to Prince Charles, "...humbly entreating his Highnesse hee would please to change their barbarous names for such English, as posteritie might say Prince Charles was their God-father..." He complied, and his choices were featured on the map published in 1616 that accompanied Smith's A Description of New England. On paper, the mountain's Indian name, "Sassanows," became "Snadoun Hill." But many royal recommendations didn't stick. Instead, the mountain would assume the general name of the York settlement of 1630, the "Plantation of Agamenticus," which itself took the Abenaki name for the York River.