Flow and Hustle
"Flow and Hustle"
1. Perch on slimy boulder just out of reach of ocean waves inundating the target scene.
2. Count and time the wave sets, as the last wave flows out, jump down into mud, crouch down very low (knee hight) and shoot bracketed sets of images.
3. Miss-time wave set, next wave runs in soaking shoes, pants and almost entire rig in the process.
4. Retreat to dry boulder, remove wet shoes, roll up pants, climb barefoot back out to starting boulder, ouch ouch ouch.
5. Ignore friends laughing at you while they sit high and dry.
6. Repeat and attempt as many times as it takes to get the shot right.
7. Get chased off by waves, give up, hoping you got the shot so far, even though you know you still haven't
8. While sitting around getting nerve up for more, notice one huge gap between sets of waves.
9. Quickly jump back down into tidal surge zone, one eye on the sea. (Tip: NEVER EVER take your eyes off the sea in these situations)
10. That's the one, take time....
11. Relax, pull the trigger, "got ya sucka".
2012 Cameron Grant - All Rights Reserved