Tenby: St Catherines Island
St Catherines Island
St Catherine's Island (Welsh: Ynys Catrin) is a small tidal island made of craggy limestone, linked to Tenby in Pembrokeshire, Wales, by Castle beach at low tide.
The island is home to St Catherine's Fort. For many centuries a tiny church was the only building on the Island. The remains of the church were demolished when the fort was constructed in 1867
It is known colloquially as St Catherine's Rock and the area directly in front of it is known as the Catterns. (wikipedia).
A single exposure tonemapped image.