Canada Goose In Flight Lake Mattamuskeet National Wildlife Refuge, North Carolina
If you are ever in Northeastern North Carolina in the winter you must drive around Lake Mattamuskeet. This area is rich in wildlife and National Wildlife Refuges. It holds the largest migratory concentrations of Tundra Swans on the East coast of the United States
Well you can see we are finally processing our images. I know this is a common northern bird for everyone, but it is a treat to see if you live in Southern Florida. I will tell you this, they are not easy to photograph in flight and get any definition. As always thanks for looking and all the wonderful comments. If you get a chance look at Feather fetish's Flickr page Linda Godwin has some wonderful images posted from this area.
Please be advised that our images are fully protected by US Copyright Law. The images may not be downloaded for personal, commercial or educational use, copied to blogs, personal websites, used as wallpaper, screensavers, etc. If you would like to use an image, you MUST contact us to obtain written permission. Acknowledging the source of the copyrighted material does not substitute for obtaining written permission.
This photo is in 9 groups
- 24 Karat Gold **Post 1/Comment 3** Sweeper Running Invite only! 10,640 items
- Keep your eyes open - Ayez l'oeil - NO PEOPLE - P1A3 - Sweeper 207,557 items
- 14 Karat Gold: Add 1 - Award 5 - 14 Faves/50 com 43,929 items
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 41,059 items
- Nature's Golden Carousel ~ Admin Invite Only Post 1 Award 2 65,039 items
- Damn! I Wish I'd Taken That!!! (Invite Only) Post 1-Award2 . 200,705 items