Amazon's apparently experimenting with a new "detail page", and um, my reactions in order are: "Damn - ginormous image", "Where's the 'buy' button - oh, on the other side", and "What's missing? Oh yeah, the left nav bar". Page size is still big ~156k for the HTML alone (the old version is 151k).
- 400 pixels tall -dayum big product image. When you mouseover, you get 'search inside' options.
- "buy box" simplified - a bit. Still clunky, imho. Swapping the "action" area here with the "content" area on the right feels a bit wrong too. My muscle-memory wants to take me to the top-right to buy. Amazon's spent years training us that way.
- Missing Left Nav Bar - not really much was there, probably a good choice to reclaim real estate.
- Probably the most important item to a customer - still kinda hidden away.
- What got knocked down below the fold? "Write a Review", "Email a friend", "Write a SYL guide", "Rate this item", "Used & New" is only mentioned once now. All of this is still on the page, just lower.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts